Friday, August 15, 2008

Teya's shots


I took Teya into the Dr. to get her shots and to have her iron levels checked. So she is now caught up and ready to go until Kindergarten. She was a brave little girl and only cried for a little minute. I always feel so bad! They also had to poke her heel to get some blood to test her iron. Her iron level went down again. For anyone who is medically smart her level at 12 months was 45.9 and now at 18 months it is 45.7, so it went down a little bit. So I am going to have to work really hard to remember to give her the iron vitamins we have. And if you have ever tasted those- PUKE!!!!! It is the grossest thing ever. I feelt like it is child abuse to give her those. It takes just like you are drinking a gulp of metal. (it tastes like that smell on your hands when you have been touching metal). I think I will work really hard on that for a month or more and then take her up to a Pediatrician. Any ideas?
Here are my girls at the Dr. office. In my opinion, they need things in those offices to entertain kids while you wait. I think that they set a rule that people with children are made to be in the office for a minimum of 1 hour, just to see if the parents will crack. :) Those rooms are to small to keep kids waiting with nothing to do. So I had to make our own balloons with rubber gloves. That helped for a minute.

2 comments:

K'Brina Colby said...

I had to give Emerson the Iron suppliment too. It sucks! They told me to give it in her drinks and that only made it worse. I just squeezed her nose together and squirted it in. And I did it when she was in the bathroom. That yucky stuff stains!!

Good Luck. I go to a peditrician in Provo and he is awesome. Call me if you want his #.

K'Brina Colby said...

I meant when she was in the bathtub. I am goofy today!!