Monday, October 5, 2009

Nasty Note:

A couple weeks ago I talked to one of the Salina City workers and was told that we were sent a letter (that i hadn't got yet) about our weeds. I was told that we had so many days to take care of them before we were to be sent a VERY strongly worded letter and then an officer would be sent over to our home to cite us. I was stunned and asked, "you will send an officer over to give me a ticket for my weeds?" She said yes! What the crap??????!!!!!!??????? So a little tid bit for many of you that don't know that we moved to Salina and bought an older home and fixed up. We have been living here since the middle of July and have done quite a bit of work to it. Got the front and back yard looking nice and green and mostly weed free! Our neighbors had been taking care of the yard for quite some time, so it didn't need a lot of work, just daily TLC!!! We have a total of about 3/4 of an acre but most of that is fenced off in the back. Well, those are the weeds that they were having a fit about, the ones in the very back. So here are some pictures of it- Yeah, they were big and out of control, but I am only one woman. I can only do so much when my husband is gone A LOT!!!! But whatev!!!!!
So the below picture is what our house looks like now that we have done some updating. Still a work in progress, but see where I put the arrow? That is where the weeds are. Do you see them? Well, they are kind of hard to see from the road. That is why we were a little baffled at our note!!! Apparently the other kinds of people that got these "nasty notes" are the ones that have all sorts of CRAP in their yards. You know the kind with 7-8 broken down cars, old strollers, broken kids toys, rubbermaids stacked 4 or 5 high, and all sorts of unimaginable junk. So you can now call us the trash of Salina!!!! Here is what they look like up close. I know a bit large and in charge:After the "note" Jake decided to try and mow them over!!! Let's just say, lawn mowers are not meant for that type of work! Our kind friends even loaned us their goats to help with the weed infetestation! The girls love having them back there. They get to pet and hang out with the goats! It is kind of funny. We just moved from the perfect place to have pets and we never had one, now we live in the city and have a cat and 2 loaner goats!








4 comments:

Trinia said...

I seriously don't know what they are complaining about. There are so many other houses in Salina that look 10 times worse than yours. I think somebody has way to much time on their hands.

Bree Bastian said...

You know they will be knocking down your door with a ticket for having goats in a non- goat zoned area!! I wonder how much that will cost in comparison to the weed ticket. LOL.

team cowan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
team cowan said...

I'm really worried if they're citing people for what their backyards look like. Hopefully no one throws us in jail for our neglected garden this year. Then are they going to come in and white glove the mantle???? How about check to make sure I vacuum under my bed?? (I don't.)