Saturday, October 3, 2009

Vegas with kids???

Well I attempted it!!! Not going to say that it was a TOTAL loss, but it was kind of a wreck. I had asked my parents if they wanted to go to Vegas with me and the girls so that we could go see Jake. (He works down there for two weeks at a time, and we were kind of missing him). I got rooms for $25 a night at the South Point and we headed down. First off Tai was fine, she was the easy one, but Little Janie Bop was OUT OF CONTROL!!!! She would lay down at any given moment and just cry, wanted to go where she wanted and if everyone didn't like that, she screamed (total two year old)! The only thing that made her happy was swimming and riding the escalators (over and over and over and over).

Here are a couple pictures of our happy trip:

We finally got the girls to ride in the stroller together. I guess at some point you just need to break down and buy a double stroller. It was a contstant battle with us and the Shaws, they had a double stroller that EVERYONE wanted to ride in, at the same time!!! But we managed, good thing for taking turns-Thanks Misty for sharing! We took the kids to F.A.O Schwartz (huge toy store) and let them each pick a toy. The three oldest girls all picked the same thing-a Barbie car that came with two Barbies. The girls thought they were so big so carry their own bags around.




Teya of course headed right for the stuffed animals. She had her heart set on a pink "Dumbo" (elephant) until she saw the horses. Then she changed her mind, but as soon as we left, she wanted the elephant! I kept trying to talk her into something Barbie, I know my girls a little to well and knew they were going to fight over the car and barbies, but Jake told me to just let her get what she wanted. Boy was I right! I ended up going back there on the way out of town to get another Barbie car, I was tired to hearing them fight! I am a sucker, I know, but you can only handle so many fights a day!




My mom went to Express and bought some clothes and that entertained Teya for a while,she tried on the shirt and showed it off. We went to eat and my girls were so loud and bouncing all over the place. Misty and Braydan's girls were so well mannered, and just sat there. Sorry again guys for the distraction!






The day we arrived in Vegas, Teya was so tired, so lucky for me, my mom and dad stayed at the hotel to let her have a quick nap until Jake and Braydan finished up work and then they came and met us. With a little alone time, we headed to the M&M Store. Tai was in heaven. It was kind of fun to let Tai pick out her favorite colors of M&M's and also to pick out some for her sister. But be WARNED!!!!! There is not a sign that states exactly how much those M&M's are. UUUMMM!!!$12.99 a pound!!!! What the flip??? Well luckily we only had about a pound and a half!!! it cost me around $17.00. Only in Vegas right? But on the flip side of all this we spent that much money on M&M's just to have them get water logged in the cooler on the way home!!







We went to see the Shark Encounter! It was fun and the kids all loved it! I even gave my parents a night off to go do their own thing since Grandma Snell and Uncle Alan had come down to Vegas too!


Outside the shark encounter there just had to be stuffed animals. Teya jumped at the opportunity to get a bunch of matching aligators together. She even tried to get me to buy all these for her.
Country family in the BIG city!!!
Thanks again Dad and Mom for going with me and helping me with the girls when Jake was at work. Even though it was a little stressful, we still had fun-thanks to you both!!!! I Love you!!!

The girls having fun out of the strollers!

Teya getting to do just what she wanted: up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, well you get the picture!One last picture before we headed back home! We love you Jake and sure miss you when you are gone. We were glad to come see you for a couple days!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I have only ever experienced Vegas with kids. Next time NO KIDS, whenever that will be. I refused to buy the m&ms, it was sooo hot when we were there.

Glad you had fun! You have super cute girls.