Thursday, September 3, 2009

Camping

One thing about me that most people don't know, is I LOVE to camp. I grew up not really ever going because my parent's idea of camping was either going to Grandpa & Grandma's cabin in Island Park or road triping in Grandma Pulhams camper. And if we did that, it was very rare, and that was when we lived in Idaho (and we moved when I was 11 1/2). The first time I ever remember sleeping in a tent and having campfire was my first girls camp. Mom, correct me if I am wrong, but I don't remember camping before that.
Back to nowdays, Jake and Braydan hauled the trailers (I know it isn't really camping, but sort of, but at least there was fire) up to the mountain in the dark, got the trailers set and level and then both families went up the next night! We just have so much fun together!
Here are the daddy's and their girlies:Misty and I:
Misty and baby Alivia. The next morning Alivia was out toddling around (under the men's care) and there was no fire going, but she fell into the fire pit and the coals from the night before burned her. I felt so bad. She instantly blistered on her chin, and then her hand blistered later. Misty ended up taking her to the pediatrician a couple days later to peel the skin off and scrub the big burn on the palm of her hand. :(


Jake led us all on a ride up to the beaver pond. Then on a hike over the lava rock slide to see the beavers home. The kids thought they were pretty big hiking over the rocks.



Jake and Braydan chillin:


Tai of course getting dirty and muddy:







Jake was so funny. He was seriously like our tour guide. He would get the girls together and say "Come look at this", then he would tell them something interesting about nature. In this particular picture, he was showing them a log that one of the beavers had chopped down and what it looks like.


Teya of course, loved the water.

The girls found a log that had fallen over and they thought it was great fun to climb up it.




Then when Teya got to the top of the fallen log, she wanted to jump off: again and again and again.










No comments: