Monday, March 1, 2010

My Dad Rocks!!!

I have always been very appreciative of my dad's skills!!! But this last time my parents came down he just moved up a couple pedestals. This home we have doesn't have a whole lot of room for storage, so he came down to help us out with his amazing shelf building skills!!! We had a room in the basement that was an old coal storage room with nothing in it but insulation on the walls. So my dad transformed it into three walls full of shelves. And now it went from this:
To this: I can't believe how much I missed having somewhere to store food, and that you can actually see what you have. I know, I know, my shelves are a little bare still, but hopefully in the next couple months we can build up some storage.



As you can see, the much needed necessity of mac and cheese, ramen noodles, and soda pop!
Jake had an idea for dad to build some shelves above the stairs for his boots. At first I was like, "Whatev," but as you can see, YAHOO FOR KIM!!! They are perfect. Now his boots are off the floor and off the stairs. And "how do you reach?" you might ask, well, we are both tall. And the non working fire alarm works great for a hat hanger!!! Ha, Ha, ha!


Thanks again dad for helping us!!!! We love you!!!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Your Dad has always been the coolest. He never got mad at us for jumping from your shed roof to the tramp and then up to your home roof.
AWESOME!

ps LOVE the SHELVES!