Friday, March 26, 2010

New Calling


Do you ever feel like just when you get settled and feel like you have control of your life and you can breathe for a minute, things get shook up again? Well I got a new calling last night from the stake. I am going to be one of the assistant stake camp directors or assistant to the stake camp director (for those office fans out there). And I couldn't be more excited about it!!! It has been quite a few years since I have been to girls camp and I have missed it every summer. I have no idea where we are going, what the theme is, or who I am going to find to watch my girls (Jake will be out of town for work, and two weeks later we go to Hawaii), but I am so excited!!! I found out some of the other leaders and we are going to have GOOD TIMES!!!!! So all you young women out there in the Salina Stake, hold on tight, it is going to be a wild ride!

3 comments:

Bree Bastian said...

I know it's not quite what you expected to be called to but that coveted calling has been filled and you and I will get our turn some day! Congratulations again....you will be a lot of fun for the girls. See you at camp!

Beck's said...

I to be honest think that is the worst calling in the world. I hate girls camp and I hated it as a girl.

Jeannie said...

So i dont believe we have ever met but you and your husband might know my brother, well Jake will he is Butch Lindsay and we grew up in Salina , anyway i love reading your blog you seem to be such a great mom. So about girls camp i am a leader here in Beaver and we have ward camp this year and we are stumped for ideas on where to go and what to do. So in your journey if you have any ideas would you pass them along. jeannie.bradshaw@yahoo.com Oh and i know you are friends with the shaws i used to work at Burns back in the day!