Saturday, March 21, 2009

"Mi-Mi-gone"


Back on March 3 I decided it was time for Teya to loose her binkie. I wasn't to excited about getting rid of it because it made her such a happy little thing most of the time, but i thought that it was time for it to go. Up until about a month ago, she only had it in her bed when it was time to nap or go nu-night! But she had been sick off and on for a while so she had had it quite a bit more. Well on this particular day, she came out with it in her mouth (I have no idea how she got it our of her bed) and she handed it to me so that she could get a drink, well while she wasn't looking, off came the top of it. She said, "mi-mi?" and i gave it back to her. She put it in her mouth and then took it out and looked at it. I said, "Teya your mi-mi broke." She tried again and she said, "mi-mi-gone" I said "yep" then I frantically ran around the house collecting a sandwich bag full of binkies. I can't complain, she has done really well without it, other than she quit taking regular naps and going to bed very good, which really sucks!

2 comments:

Colette said...

I think taking binkies away are harder on the parents than on the kids. You always think they are going to be this horrible monster when they don't have them (which usually isn't the case) and they often do quite well without them. I do dred taking them away with each kid though because I train my kids to like their binkies!

Travis and Cristan said...

Okay I have been waiting and putting this off. Mason really needs to give it up but I think the truth is I am getting more attached to it too! I have been contemplating it for a long time now. I was going to do the same thing-cut off the the top. So, you have given me some inspiration-maybe this week... I'll have to let you know how it goes