Sunday, April 26, 2009

Our Summer Begins:

One of our very most favorite things to do is go to Grass Valley with Jake. We have been doing this for years. We go up there to irrigate and get the grass ready for the cows to come. Yesterday officially started off our summer with our first trip up there. Ok, I know that it doesn't really look like summer up there, and yes, we got a little bit of snow on us, but we couldn't just stay in the truck the whole time. So I bundled the girls up, and we got out to help Jake and to play. I know I look absolutely fabulous, but I was freezing and I failed to bring adequate attire, I found this in the back of Jake's truck. Not to glamorous, but it kept my head and ears warm. Ok, laugh out loud, it looks ridiculous!!!

I officially decided yesterday that this is where I want to spend all my spare time this summer. It is one of my favorite places on earth. One: because it is so dang pretty there, two: I get to spend uninterupted time with my three favorite people on this earth, three: it makes me happy, and four: you get to hear water running and throw stuff in it.


Poor Jake always working when we go there! Oh, who am I kidding- HE LOVES TO CHANGE WATER IN GRASS VALLEY!!!! It is one of his favorite things to do. A couple years ago he constructed a bunch of diversions and now knows these fields like the back of his hand. He knows just where the water is coming and going from, and how to get it where he needs it!




Here comes the water:






3 comments:

Abs and Me said...

I love hearing about all of this 'cause when we were at school, I would have never pictured you in this lifestyle!!! I'm glad you are so happy!!! Send some of it up this way!

Trinia said...

Tiff, I love Grass Valley! That was my favorite place to go when I was a kid. I don't make it up there as much now, but maybe when my mom and dad move there, I can visit a little more often.

Jess said...

Were is this place? It looks really pretty. Do you live close by? I love your new look with the hat... and yes, I actually did laugh out loud! But that is okay, since we've been friends since we were 10!

Love you!