Saturday, May 23, 2009

Go Padres

While in San Diego we were so fortunate to go to Jake & I's first Major League Baseball Game! At first it was a little iffy if we were even going to go- Suz's mom had offered to watch all 4 kids while we went, but Jake and I were unsure of how Teya the terror would act over there. But we finally decided to just go, and boy are we glad we did. Suz's friend from Layton was there with her very rich parents and they purchased our tickets for us while we were on the way there. Little did we know, they purchased us ticket on the 13TH ROW!!!!!!! Holy moly! We were so excited. We just kept going down and down and down!
Livin' it up at the Padre's Game:Jake and I had to participate in tradition, having a Ballpark Hot Dog! They were offering the best deal ever: $5.00 for a hot dog, drink, cookie, peanuts, and popcorn! That is unheard of!!! Jake, Aaron, Suz and I all got the ball park deal. Jake got another Hot Dog and it cost him an additional $4.00 , so we got a pretty good deal (Aaron was a little miffed that he didn't think of that too):
One funny thing: when we were walking back to our seats with our arms full, I mean full of stuff, they had people throwing balls into the stands so we couldn't get into our seats because everyone was standing up screaming. So there we are standing in the isle and I hear Aaron say, "If one of those balls come flying at my head I am going to be pissed, cause I ain't dropping my hot dog to catch the ball" Well about 5 balls later, one comes flying in our direction, we all duck, luckily it went to the person standing next to us, but it was definitely a close call!! We all laughed so hard!
We are now fans!!!

That is how close we were to the action:

Thanks Suz for introducing us to the Padres! We had a blast!


Also a HUGE thank you to Liz and Mark for watching the kids for us so that we could have an actual date!! I know they were a lot of work, but from what you said they made you laugh! Hopefully that makes up for the scare Teya caused you when she tried to jump off the 3 story balcany!!!! So THANK YOU!!!
Our Date was pretty cheap! Suz's friend's parents bought our tickets and wouldn't let us pay them back, our meal cost $14.00 and I still owe Suz $10.00 for parking (we did Valet-livin' large in San Diego) So grand Total: $24.oo


No comments: