Monday, January 26, 2009

Honestly at a loss:


Ever since before Christmas I have been planning on going through the girls' toys to organize, downsize, and hide! Today was the big day that I finally decided to undertake this HUGE project. I am not sure which chore is worse, going through kids' old clothes that are to small or this!!??!! But I decided that each roll out box under the bed was going to have a label on it with what was going inside. (Examples: My Little Pony stuff, dress up/hair/purses, baby dolls & train set) Well that is all good and fine, but now here is the problem, "What do you do with the rest of the crap?" The above picture is just to show my problem. So does anyone have any ideas for me. I ended up just putting it all into the last roll out drawer just to get it off the floor so their room looks decent, but what the crap? I know some of you are going to say, "JUST THROW IT AWAY!!!!" But I have gone through stuff and gotten rid of things that the girls are no longer interested in or out of their age range. But most of this stuff they still play with on a weekly basis. So HELP ME!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Bree Bastian said...

There are NO solutions to toys -- it's all junk! I've come to the conclusion that I'll just have to deal with it until we're no longer in the toy stage (which is years away). So - if you find a solution....I'm all ears. Until then - GOOD LUCK!

Trinia said...

Good Luck Tiff! I am always trying to find ways to organize toys, only to be let down the next day when they are all mixed together again. When you come up with a solution, let me know.

Natalie Bagley said...

I've found something that works for us. I bought the small shelves that you put shoes on and got small containers that fit on the shelves. Each container is labeled and also has a picture. This way there is no question what goes where and Taylee can even do it by herself.