Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It's on Now!!!!


I was watching KSL on a very RARE occasion the other night at my parents' home. There came a segment on food storage and grocery shopping with a very up to the minute chick that has started an online business helping people get their food storage, "your year supply, one week at a time." I was instantly interested when I saw her pantry and her story if living off her storage at any given moment. i mean come on look at her storage room, who wouldn't want that security? The more I have looked into this, the more I get excited. The only problem I face down here is our grocery stores are limited in number. We don't have the 5 major stores, only one. So with the help of my mother (THANK YOU- THNAK YOU-THANK YOU) who lives up there where the stores are plentiful, we are going to be getting our food storage done together (she will be the runner girl & I will be the internet & list maker). I signed up for all the emails and online help that shows Great deal, good deals & only get if you absolutely need it deals. All the work is done for you, the add shopping, cupon crap, and all you have to do is make your grocery list of things YOUR family will eat & use in the future.
So wish me luck as I engage in this "your year supply, one week at a time" voyage!!!
http://myfoodstoragedeals.com/

2 comments:

Sarbear said...

Good for you! I go back and forth on getting my preparedness and food storage stuff up to date. We recently got an electric wheat grinder so I can practice making fresh homemade wheat bread and actually use food storage. A website/blog I read on this is http://safelygatheredin.blogspot.com/

I also like the case lot sales to stock up on canned food we use a lot of and I use that can food rotation thing grandma gave us.

Mandy said...

I have been trying to work on mine, too, but it's coming along slower than I hoped. You guys should check out www.shelfreliance.com. They have pretty good food items in the #10 cans. Plus they can just ship right to you. And right now they have FREE shipping on orders over $199 which is pretty easy to hit!